We are able to maintain ourselves here in Mayapur through your kind donations. Support a Teacher!

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Resuming in Delhi


Since I had my laptop computer stolen a few months ago I have not posted any blogs. Instead of using a word processor I have been using these old fashion items like pen and paper. I am sure if you ask your parents they might tell you something about the good old paper and pen days. Several devotees have asked me to start posting again on the Truth and Beauty through Bhakti blog. I used to have the URL Gauranitaidas.com but I have yet to renew that address. When I have time I will try and renew and direct that URL to the blog. Otherwise here is the generic blog address: http://gaura-nitaidas.blogspot.com/ .

My family and I have been spending some time in Delhi. The last time I was in Delhi was 17 years ago and if I remember correctly the temple was a small run down building. In 1997 the devotees here in Delhi headed by Gopal Krishna Maharaja constructed a marvelous temple. The temple is a very popular place and I have seen there are many, many youth coming to chant and dance, take prasadam, associate with other devotees and take an active role in practical temple affairs. It is probably one of the most ripe areas for bringing all types of people to the blissful path of devotional service. The congregation consists of energetic and ambitious youth, wise elders of Bharata Varsa (India), and especially the growing middle class families of the land. The scene here reinforces my conviction that when the absolute truth is presented without selfish or ulterior motives it is attractive to everyone sincerely seeking truth.


The temple campus utilizes modern attractions like the museum, the light shows, multimedia presentations, robotics and many other exhibitions. These tools are used present the philosophy, history, culture and lifestyle presented in the Vedic literatures like Bhagavad-Gita, Mahabharata, Ramayana and others. It is very impressive. There are only a limited few who will utilize their time by opening up and studying one of these sacred books. The various multimedia presentations attract those people who would not otherwise hear spiritual subjects. The kids especially love these exhibitions. My son went through the Bhagavad Gita exhibition many times and was very attentive to the accompanying narrations. Everyday that I have been here I have seen many different classes of primary and secondary schools coming. When they leave it is obvious that they have had a substantial spiritual experience and of course some maha prasadam sweets.



Here is the address to their website: http://iskcondelhi.com/

When my son Balagopal is not at one of the exhibitions or taking prasadam he always ventures towards the temple to play mrdanga in the kirtan. The guests are very excited and curious to see a young western boy playing the various complicated mrdanga beats. Just yesterday Bhakti Caru Swami gave the morning Srimad Bhagavatam class. I was sitting just outside the temple while Bhakti Caru Swami sang the celestial Radha Madhava bhajan so I did not see who was playing the mrdanga. I was surprised and happy when I heard that it was my eight year old son Balagopal was playing mrdanga. Bhakti Caru Swami praised his mrdanga playing before he began the class. He asked Balagopal to stand up and asked all of the devotees to bless him. Needless to say he was encouraged by the blessings of such wonderful souls and especially happy to receive Bhakti Caru Swami’s garland. These experiences he will remember for the rest of his life. These are the best of samskaras!

No comments: