We are able to maintain ourselves here in Mayapur through your kind donations. Support a Teacher!

Friday, October 5, 2007

We made it…



 

Krishna kept us hanging in suspense until the end.


 

We were scheduled to leave for Mumbai on Monday the 1st of October and on the previous Friday morning they still had not even opened up our visa package in Houston. They could not even find them (our passports) at the embassy. This meant that in order for us to make our flight they would have to process them in the morning and send it out overnight to New York so that we could pick them up between our connecting flights. If we missed our flight we would have to pay up to $600 in fees to change the ticket! Thanks to an old friend Sarvabhauma and Nadia Kumara we had our visas in time to board our flight in New York on the 1st. They went out of their way and were persistent with those that worked at the assembly. With a tad bit of anxiety we arrived at the International airport after a domestic plane ride, three subway rides, a quick stop at the temple to pick up our passports, a taxi ride, a long walk to find the bus station, and finally a bus that brought us to the airport (in rush hour traffic) within minutes of the cutoff time for our international flight. SO I am writing this on the plane flying over Iraq on my way to India . This is my five year old son's first trip to India, my wife's second and my 6th trip to India (although the last time I was here was 8 years ago).


 

I am planning on keeping some type of blog/journal while I am in India. I am not going to be writing to anyone in particular so if you are reading this some things I will write you will be able to relate to and some not. Mostly I will be expressing thoughts and realizations inspired by the often transcendental Indian atmosphere and other times I will simply recount our journeys. Additionally, I will post some pictures and some videos as well.


 

If for some reason I do not write for a while feel free to encourage me by dropping me a mail at gaura.nitai.rns@gmail.com . I will be connecting some easy to remember domain names to the blog as well. One will be gauranitaidas.com and the other will be ericallenrush.com. Also, please do not bring these writings to your English teacher for correction. The punctuation, spelling and grammar may not always be at standard. However you can bring any philosophical comments to your philosophy teacher for analysis.


 

Hare Krishna!


 

Gaura-Nitai Das

Aka

Eric Rush

No comments: